Thursday, February 10, 2011

Point of View

Song I wrote a while ago and recently rediscovered. Sorry, no video preview this time.

"Point of View"

When your friends abandoned you,
I was there
I loved you when you felt
nobody cared

But still I feel as though I cried
those tears for you in vain...
The only trait I hold with pride,
you curse and scorn its name...

Did I not feel your distaste for me?
(I am a human, just like you!)
Do I not share the air you breathe?
(We're just the same, through and through!)
We're not so different,
you and me.

I fought with you against our toughest
enemies
I shared with you the sweetest of our
victories

But the highest of your moral goals,
I cannot be part of...
What you claim to hate the most
is everything I love...

Did I not feel your disdain for me?
(I am a human, just like you!)
Do I not share the pain you feel?
(It's just a different point of view!)

And when my heart
broke in two,
Did it not bleed
enough for you
To see that I feel
the things you do:

Love and hate;
Right and wrong;

I still have morals, just like you.

They don't come
from your God,

That doesn't make them any less true
to me.

Did I not feel your distaste for me?
Do I not share the air you breathe?
Have I not felt your disdain for me?
Do I not share the pain you feel?

We all suffer in this life;
This is how I explain my strife.
So what diverges me and you?
It's just a different point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment