Sunday, August 7, 2011

Unasleep

You know, I hate it when my house phone rings. It seriously annoys me. I mean, it interrupts what everyone in the house is doing just so the caller can talk to one person. It completely sucks. This is what individual cell phones are for: if someone wants to talk to me, they dial my number, my phone rings, and I'm the only one who has to worry about answering it. The whole family doesn't have to scramble to answer the phone just for one person, who isn't even around the house half the time. But while everyone in my house does own a personal cell phone (even if my dad rarely uses his), we don't have any cell service at our house, leaving us stuck with the landline.

That's what I started writing this blog about. I meant every word of it; living outside cell service and relying on a landline seriously bothers me. But then again, that's what bothers me? That's what I feel passionate about--who has to answer a damn phone? Why don't I feel this strongly about getting a job, or improving my writing, or making music? Why doesn't it bother me that funding for education is getting mowed down to save a failing economy while the fat cats responsible for the mess desperately cling to their cash? When did I let myself get sucked into this cynical, hipster-ish, I'm-too-cool-to-give-a-shit mindset?

I used to be on fire about the world around me. What happened? Did I grow up? Did I just get bored? I am getting older, but that should mean I'm growing wiser, and wisdom means having a better understanding of life, not thinking thinking I'm too mature to be as fiery as I was when I was young. Well, this is my wake-up call. It's time I realized how much life there truly is ahead of me.



Related video:

No comments:

Post a Comment