Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Sending hopeful thoughts!"

Few weeks ago my friend Tucker wrecked his truck, totaled it. He ended up recovering really well, doctors even cancelled the reconstructive surgery on his eye socket they thought was necessary. The guy's like Wolverine, I swear.

Back story's over. The day after the accident, I see a Facebook status informing the general public and asking friends to pray for Tucker's health. Okay, you're concerned, but what's an atheist supposed to say? He's a close friend of mine, and I'm supposed to leave a comment along the lines of "Oh, that's sad! Best wishes!"?

I hate feeling left out when people ask for prayer requests. Isn't there a more universal (and more real) way to ask for support in the face of adversity?

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of things I could say to this, sir, but I'll avoid an argument and just wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciated. I'm not looking for a fight, just had to vent that out of me.

    ReplyDelete