Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Book of Meme


As an ardent Twitterer, I take great pleasure in the use of the hashtag. I like using the ones on the top trends, but every so often I like to devise my own in the hopes they will catch on and trend worldwide. 


But when you have 160 followers on a social network with more than 300 million users, this is asking quite a lot. Still, I have some hashtags in mind that I just know would trend if I had enough followers, or would at least generate a really good response. My most recent concoction is #TheBookOfMeme, in which the idea is to take a Bible verse and splice it with an Internet meme. I thought the results would be comic gold, but after two response-less tweets with the hashtag, I figured it was just best to stow it away and bring it back when (and if) I have more followers.


I also decided that, since I like this hashtag so much and didn't want the thought I put into it go to waste, I would share with you the tweets I would have tweeted had it been more popular. Enjoy!


In the beginning, God accidentally everything. #TheBookOfMeme


"If you are the Son of God," the devil said to Jesus, "Y U NO TURN THESE STONES TO BREAD?" #TheBookOfMeme


And then Peter said, "i think Jesus is a pretty cool guy. eh dies for you're sins and doesn't afraid of anything." #TheBookOfMeme


Life begins when babby is formed. #TheBookOfMeme


Then the Lord opened the donkey's mouth and she spoke to Balaam, thus becoming the first advice animal. #TheBookOfMeme


"so i herd u liek apple," the serpent said to Eve. #TheBookOfMeme


It may not be popular now, but I think it has a lot of potential. Maybe it's more for the Reddit community, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment