Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mid-Year Resolutions

Wow, I haven't posted in two months. That's kind of sad. Not a single blog post for the month of May, and just this one for June. But, I had a realization today. July 1 is the exact middle of the year, so what does that make today? The last day of June? Saturday? Well, those too, but today is Mid-Year's Eve! And the way I see it, I need to make some mid-year's resolutions. To make up for the resolutions I didn't exactly keep at the beginning of the year.

  1. I resolve to read more. At least an hour a day from here on out. There are so many books I want to read, but I never set aside time for it. I know I'll have time for reading until this next semester starts back up.
  2. I resolve (again) to write more. That was my resolution at the start of this year, part of which I kept. I wanted to get myself used to writing more extensively, so I made a goal to write something at least 10 pages long, which I did. My memoir for my Creative Nonfiction class ended up being 12 pages long, as a matter of fact. But I can't be content with that, and I always want to improve my writing, so I'm going to try writing more frequently. Here's my new goal: write at least a page a day. Let's see if I can stick with it.
  3. I didn't really have a third resolution. Oh well.
So those are my mid-year resolutions. I think this could catch on. How many people forget about their resolutions halfway through the year anyway, if they even make it that far without dropping them? Readers! I implore your help in spreading this idea--it may change the world as we know it.

Anyway, happy Mid-Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment