Thursday, November 24, 2011

Spring 2012

I met with my adviser last week and set up my schedule for next semester at MAC. Here's what classes I'll be taking:

MWF
10:00-10:50  Foundations of Education
11:00-11:50  General Biology
12:00-12:50  Jazz Ensemble

TR
9:00-10:50  General Biology (lab)
11:00-12:15  General Psychology
2:00-2:50  Beginning Jazz Dance 2

A few things are different about this semester's schedule than for any of my previous semesters. For one, this is the first time I don't have a single English course in schedule. But once the semester gets started and I get an idea of how tough my work load is going to be, I might try to add one. There's a Creative Non-Fiction course I'd like to try, and Mr. Jaycox (my adviser) said he teaches a poetry course.

But the other major change is that I changed my major (DOHOHO!); I'm now getting an Associate of Arts in Teaching English, instead just an Associate of Arts in English alone. That's why I'm taking Foundations of Education this semester. It's also why I'll be at Mineral Area College even longer than I first anticipated. Before, I thought I could graduate during summer 2012, but with the extra education courses I have to cover, I won't get to graduate until at least next fall.

=/

But at least it's just a minor setback. And in the long run, getting a job with a teaching degree will be easier than getting a job without it. And next fall my friend Corey will be attending MAC, which is great because I haven't seen him much at all since we graduated high school. Plus, I have more time to set up courses that transfer to SEMO, which is where I want to go after MAC.

So hey, it looks like I've got a little bit of future lined up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment